Mind The Gap
- Do you live with and/or care for someone with Dementia?
- Are you looking for a practical, creative approach to improve the Quality of Life of those in your care?
- Do you want to learn creative, effective ways to revitalize your energy in this stressful environment?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then please join us for:
- An Introduction to MIND THE GAP a one-day workshop with Marjolein Baars
- Saturday, July 20, 2013, 10 am – 5 pm
- The he Michael Chekhov acting studio New York, 138 West 15th St, New York NY, 10011
Registration Forms and any inquiries may be addressed to Maia DeSanti at email@example.com
Mind The Gap is a training for health care professionals, care-takers, and family members of people living with Alzheimer’s and Dementia. The chaos that can occur as a result of the illness often makes it difficult to know how to respond; changes in reality can progress at a much faster rate than we are able to anticipate, and the gap between ‘how it has been’ and ‘what is possible now’ seems to grow larger every day. When limited access to financial resources and skills training are added to the equation, the challenges are compounded. The human being (both the care taker and care receiver) gets trapped in the gap. To bridge the gap we are in need of innovative approaches to engagement and cooperation, with those in our care and those we work with – at home, at work, in health care facilities and organizations. Mind The Gap offers an alternative to continuing on a path filled with old routines and restrictions. Participants will be introduced to concrete, practical tools and international art-based practices which support a new and creative approach to living and working in changing realities, and to improving the quality of life of people with dementia.
The full Mind The Gap training will be presented in four modules over the course of one year. This day long workshop is designed as a “sampler” to introduce participants, in a practical and experiential way, to the foundational principals of the training. One of the principals of the work is to create and relate without pressure, so you are welcome to bring your curiosity and questions no strings attached! Even if you do not continue on with the full training, you will take home new tools and ideas which can be incorporated into your own work and life.
Along with the day-long Mind The Gap workshop on Saturday, Marjolein will also be performing her original theatre piece, Black Holes & Loose ends, on Friday July, 19 at 8pm. Discounted tickets are available to all workshop participants who would like to attend. All events take place at the Michael Chekhov acting studio New York. Please see the weekend schedule above for details.
Workshop Fee: $150. (non-refundable after 6/22/13)
- Friday, July 19, 2013
- Saturday, July 20, 2013
- 11 am – 5pm: Mind The Gap Intro Workshop (with a one-hour lunch break)
- 10 – 11am Dementia Travels Interactive Performance, a component of the Mind The Gap training open to Ready to act participants; it offers one example of how the training can be applied to the creation of social projects – in Marjolein’s particular case, working in the field of healthcare and dementia.
- Sunday, July 21, 2013
- 10 am – 5 pm: Ready to act Intro Workshop (with a one-hour lunch break)
- For professional actors and clowns
- For caretakers, family members, volunteers and managers who are working and living with people with dementia
- For teachers, anyone working in education
- For professionals who are ready to act